What to expect
- The area to be treated must be tan free including free of tanning products.
- The area needs to be shaven 24 hours before the treatment.
- The treatment area will be cleaned.
- The practitioner will use the Skintel melanin reader in the area to be treated and adjust the settings according to your specific skin type and colour/density of hair.
- The practitioner will then guide the Elite iQ handpiece and cooling device over the treatment area.
- The handpiece will emit beams of laser energy which are absorbed by the hair follicles and converted to heat.
- Most people say it’s mildly uncomfortable and feels like a rubber band flicking against the skin.
- The heat stops the hair follicle from growing again.
- A course of 6-8 treatments are normally required 6-8 weeks apart.